Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Fat Girl!, by Judith Moore.

As I was researching who was Judith Moore last year when I read the book, I found out that there were other items that bore the same title: “The Fat Girl’s Guide to Life” by Wendy Shanker, and Catherine Breillat’s movie “A ma soeur” which is translated into “Fat Girl!” for English and American audiences. It confirms that the subject is a growing concern and the depth of the reasons why some women (or men) are fat are not all a matter of overeating for the pleasure of overeating. I would also like to mention the play written by Neil La Butte, “Fat Pig” which was an absolute hit at the Studio Theatre this winter. Although the performances were extended, I never managed to get a seat for the days I chose. It was totally sold out.

No comments: